It’s almost Thanksgiving and we’re all taking stock of what matters most in our lives: identifying the things we’re thankful for of course, and the people we want to be around the most. Many Door County visitors and locals have made it their family tradition to enjoy holiday meals in the comfort of one of our fabulous restaurants, opting for less stress and a guaranteed great meal, not to mention – no clean up!
There are several options to get you out of the kitchen this year, including a take home feast as well as Thanksgiving dinners and buffets; and don’t forget, there’s also the Annual Jacksonport Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning, this year benefiting DOOR CANcer, and the Packers vs. Bears Game in the evening!
8 great ways to enjoy Thanksgiving Day in Door County…
1. Pick up your perfect Thanksgiving Day feast at Scaturo’s Baking Co. & Café and stay out of the kitchen longer this year! Complete with Turkey, homemade Sausage Bread Stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, and your choice of Fresh Baked Pie (Apple, Pumpkin, Cherry or Mixed Berry). You might even want to order an extra Pumpkin Pie so you can try two flavors… Scaturo’s Moveable Feast must be ordered by Nov. 24th – minimum order feeds 6 people – at $16.99 per person. Orders may be picked up at Scaturo’s in Sturgeon Bay at 1pm or 3pm on Thanksgiving Day. Call (920) 746-8727 to order.
2. Bundle up for the annual Thanksgiving Day Parade down Hwy 57 in downtown Jacksonport at 10:30am on Nov. 26, 2015, and warm up inside JJ’s of Jacksonport, open and serving drinks and lunch from 10am-3pm before and after the parade.
3. Enjoy a laid back meal on Thanksgiving Day at Ellison Bay’s Mink River Basin. Lunch will be served from their regular menu and daily specials from 11am-2pm, and food will be served during half time of the Packer Game. Go ahead, ThanksGIVER at the River! (920) 854-2250
4. The English Inn’s Thanksgiving Buffet will be served from Noon until 7pm on Thanksgiving Day at the Fish Creek location. Featuring their 5-Tier Flowing Belgian Chocolate Fountain with Fresh Fruit, Biscotti, Chocolate and Macadamia Nut Cookies, Glazed Crispy Treats, & more! In addition to your favorite Thanksgiving dishes like Ham and Turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy, as well as delicious brunchy options like baked French toast, Quiche, Swedish Meatballs, and Kielbasa with Sauerkraut. Reservations are encouraged: (920) 868-3076.
5. In Baileys Harbor the Harbor Fish Market & Grille’s Thanksgiving Buffet will be served from 11am until 5pm. One of the county’s favorite buffets, this will fill up quickly, so make your reservations ASAP! The meal includes traditional oven roasted Turkey with stuffing, as well as roast Lamb and Prime Rib, Salmon and Ham! A variety of sides from whipped potatoes and gravy to candied sweet potatoes and scalloped creamed corn, and a delicious dessert selection. The buffet is $21.95 per adult and $8.95 per child under 11 years. Harbor Fish Market will also be open for the weekend following Thanksgiving, Friday through Sunday for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Call (920) 839-9999 for reservations.
6. If you haven’t been the Fireside Restaurant in Ellison Bay yet, what better reason to make reservations than a scrumptious holiday meal? And if you’ve been there before, you know how wonderful this meal will be… Thanksgiving Day dinner will be served from 11am-2pm at $19.99 per adult, or $25.99 with wine included, and $10.99 per child under 12, and kids under 3 are free! The menu includes herb roasted Turkey, honey glazed Ham, Brussel sprout and sweet potato hash, sage chorizo stuffing, homemade pies and lots more! Please call for reservations: (920) 854-7999.
7. Stone Harbor Resort in Sturgeon Bay will serve their Thanksgiving Day Buffet from 11am-3pm. The buffet will be $18.95 for adults and $8.95 each for children 4-12 years old. The meal will include a variety of dishes from Prime Rib to Pork Loin, Roasted Chicken, and lots of tasty sides… Book your room so you can stay for the Packer Party in the pub! The Packers vs. Bears game starts at 7:30pm and there will be some great drink specials, complimentary snacks at half time, and more! For buffet and room reservations call (920) 746-0700.
8. The Baileys Harbor Community Association organizes an Annual Complimentary Thanksgiving Dinner, which will be held this year at the Baileys Harbor Town Hall from 3-6pm. This event is sponsored by the BHCA and is made possible by the generous contributions of local individuals, businesses, and organizations. A new addition to this year’s event, the meal will also be a benefit for Tasha Ustianowski, a single mother battling a very aggressive type of cancer. To raise money there will be raffles and games. Raffle items include gift baskets, gift certificates, a Deer mount gift certificate and even Packers tickets! For more information, please call (920) 493-4649. To make donations for the meal or to Tasha, please visit Baileys Harbor Online.
After all that stuffing, Turkey, cranberry sauce, and pie, you might need a break from leftovers over the weekend – so head out with the Door County Chefs FREE Mobile Dining App on your smart phone and find what you’re hungry for at Door County, Wisconsin’s Open-in-Winter restaurants!
Door County Coffee & Tea in Carlsville will also be closed on Thanksgiving Day, but will be open for regular hours on Wednesday before and all weekend so you can spend those relaxing days with family and your favorite Door County Coffee! You might even spend some time in their gift shop on Small Business Saturday after a perfect breakfast or lunch in the café – a great way to get your Holiday shopping finished!
This will also be the last weekend of the 2015 season to enjoy your favorite meal with friends at Gibraltar Grill in Fish Creek; closed on Thanksgiving, Gibraltar Grill will be open Friday, Nov. 27 and Saturday, Nov. 28 from 4-9pm.