Looking for open in winter restaurants in Door County, Wisconsin? Look no further – here are the winter hours of business for restaurants on the Door Peninsula offering a variety of cuisines to keep you well-fed and happy through the cold season!
Donny’s Glidden Lodge Restaurant just north of Sturgeon Bay and south of Jacksonport – open for dinner Monday through Saturday, year-round from 4-9pm. December Special! Monday thru Thursday: $16.95 New York Strip Steak, includes Soup N Salad Bar! 920-746-9460
Celebrate the fall season in Door County at Oktoberfest, Saturday, October 4th from 1-9pm at Gibraltar Grill, Fish Creek! Purchase a $15 wrist band to get “in and out” admission privileges, access to 6 hours of live music, and $10 in food and drink tickets. Gibraltar Grill will be featuring German food including Sauerbraten, sausage with sauerkraut, and Spaetzle, as well as a dessert table, and German beer and wine all day while you dance to the sounds of Big Mouth & The Power Tool Horns from 2-5pm followed by Jerry Voelker and the Jolly Gents from 6:-9pm. Join the party!
We are open daily for the 2012 season! Our delicious signature soups, made-from-scratch pies and bakery items, and lovingly prepared entrees are outdone perhaps only by the atmosphere!
Starting Friday, May 11 we will be open daily 7:30 AM – 9:00 PM. Come enjoy a hearty cup of soup, delectable entree and a slice of homemade pie!
Our Homemade Authentic Mexican menu will be served daily starting May 15th, featuring our very own Jauregui family recipes, the finest hand cuts of beef and chicken, and scrumptious molé!
Every salad, sandwich, and dinner includes a trip to our famous soup bar for a cup of soup, crackers and our freshly baked bread.
A trip to Door County isn’t complete until you’ve enjoyed a meal at The Summer Kitchen. Visit our north Ephraim location on Highway 42 across from the City Farmer.
Salads, Appetizers, & Dinner Served 4:30pm-Close. The Lunch Menu is also available.
Salads All salads include on trip to the soup bar for a cup of soup, crackers and freshly baked bread.
Choice of dressing: Creamy Herb; Honey Poppyseed; Olive Oil and Red Wine Vinegar; Feta Cheese Vinaigrette; Thousand Island; French; and Fat Free Cherry Vinaigrette.
- Athenian- Crisp garden greens, feta cheese, Greek olives, Greek peppers, and pickled beets. Served with warm buttered pita triangles and feta cheese vinaigrette. – $14.95
- Tuna Steak Salad- A 4 oz. tuna steak is grilled and placed on a bed of garden greens, tomatoes, warm buttered pita triangles; creamy herb dressing is served on the side. – $14.95
- Cashew Chicken Salad- Homemade chunky casher chicken salad on a bed of lettuce with tomato wedges, alfalfa sprouts, and warm buttered pita triangles. – $12.95
- Tuna Salad- Homemade tuna salad on a bed of lettuce with tomato wedges, sliced cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts and warm buttered pita triangles. – $12.95
- Chicken Fajita Salad- Mixed greens, red and green peppers, and chicken fajita strips served with salsa and sour cream. – $13.95
- Taco Salad- Crispy tortilla shell with mixed greens, shredded beef or chicken, cheese, tomatoes, black olives, onions, salsa and sour cream. – $11.95
- Summer Kitchen Garden Salad- Crisp garden greens, carrots, red and green peppers, black olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, and sunflower seeds served with buttered pita triangles. – $11.95
- Nacho Supreme- Chips, machaca shredded beef or chicken, melted cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, black olives and sour cream. – $9.95
- Guacamole- Avacado, tomatoes, onions, cilantro with homemade chips. – $7.95
- Mexican Bean Dip- Beans, cheese, onions, tomatoes and peppers with homemade chips. – $5.95
- Homemade Chips & Salsa- Our own homemade chips served with salsa. – $3.95
- Side of Guacamole– $1.95
- Cheese Curds Small – $5.95 Large – $8.95
- Sweet Potato Fries– $4.95
Dinner All entrees include one trip to the soup bar for a cup of soup, crackers and freshly baked bread. Blacken any entrée with Cajun spice for $2.00
- Door County Whitefish- Broiled fresh Door County Whitefish seasoned with herbs and spices. – $17.95
- Lake Michigan Perch- Lightly breaded and deep fried. – $17.95
- 8 Golden Fried Shrimp- Lightly breaded with oriental breading, deep fried and served with cocktail sauce. – $17.95
- Lasagna- A hearty serving of our homemade lasagna, prepared with Italian fennel sausage, roasted red bell peppers, artichokes, spinach, black olives, and mozzarella cheese. – $15.95
- Roasted or Barbecued Chicken-Your choice of half a roasted or barbecued chicken. – $16.95
- Barbecued Pork Ribs Done in southern style and covered with our own BBQ sauce half rack- $16.95 full rack- $20.95 combo (half rack and quarter of a chicken) – $19.95
- Ribeye Steak- 12 oz hand cut ribeye steak broiled to perfection and served with au jus. – $20.95
- Tenderloin Filet- 6 oz. hand cut filet broiled to perfection and served with au jus. – $18.95
- Surf & Turf- 6 oz. hand cut filet and 4 golden friend shrimp, or perch. – $23.95
- Giant Homemade Pies- Our specialty! Fresh flaky crust with fresh rich fillings. Your choice include Door County Cherry, Strawberry- Rhubarb, Four Berry and more- ask your server! Pies are made fresh from scratch every morning. – $4.95 per slice
- Frosted Cinnamon Rolls- A delicious, moist homemade cinnamon roll with a healthy topping of our homemade frosting. – $3.95
- Giant Homemade Cookies- And we do mean GIANT! Daily varieties. – $3.75
- Old Fashioned Break Pudding-Homemade in our kitchen. Served with your choice of rum or cherry sauce. – $4.95
- Brown Cow (Root Beer Float)- The traditional beverage served with a scoop of ice cream and root beer. – $3.95
- Dessert du jour- Ask your server about today’s special! – $5.95
Kids Kitchen Available for children 12 and under.
*Add a cup of soup to any Kid’s mean for $3.00. French fries may be substituted for fresh fruit.
- · Half a Grilled Ham and Cheese served on sour dough bread, with fresh fruit. $6.95
- · Grilled Cheese served on sour dough bread, with fresh fruit. $5.95
- Hot Dog served on a bun, with fresh fruit. $5.95
- · Mini Cheese & Sausage Pizza served with fresh fruit. $6.95
- · Chicken Tenders served with barbeque sauce and fresh fruit. $6.95
- · Mini Chicken Chimichanga served with rice and beans. $6.95
- Mini Burrito served with rice and beans. $6.95
The Summer Kitchen is renowned for its homemade soups, fresh bread and yummy desserts. At least five different soups are available daily. Order a single cup, two cups, a bowl or our Taster’s cups and enjoy! All lunch entrees include a cup of soup. Dinner entrees are served with a baked potato, a side of vegetables, homemade bread and your choice of soup or salad.
Available from May 15 to close. Served daily 11AM to close.
Served with rice, beans or fruit, one trip to our famous soup bar or salad, corn tortillas, chips and salsa. Extra spicy available on request.
Beef Fajitas- Marinated steak, sautéed sliced onions, green and red peppers. – $15.95
Chicken Fajitas- Marinated chicken breast, with sautéed sliced onions, green and red peppers. – $15.95
Steak Ranchero- Mild red sauce, pepper and onions. – $15.95
Chile Relleno- Green poblano pepper stuffed with chicken or potato, melted cheese, coated with egg batter and pan fried, topped with mild red sauce. – $15.95
Chicken or Veggie Mole-Served with shredded chicken, rice and mild red mole. – $14.95
Camarones Rancheros- Sautéed shrimp, onions, green and red peppers, with mild red sauce. – $15.95
Camarones al Mojo de Ajo- Sautéed shrimp with butter and garlic. – $15.95
Enchiladas Suizas- 3 rolled up corn tortillas stuffed with chiken or beef, mild green or red sauce, melted cheese and sour cream. – $15.95
Seafood Enchiladas- 3 rolled up corn tortillas stuffed with potatoes, onions and cheese, topped with mild red sauce and sour cream. – $15.95
Veggie Enchiladas- 3 rolled up corn tortillas stuffed with potatoes, onion and cheese, topped with mild red sauce and sour cream. – $14.95
Flautas –3 rolled up corn tortillas with machaca shredded beef or chicken. Deep fried to golden brown and served with lettuce and sour cream. – $15.95
Chimichanga- Choice of machaca shredded beef or chicken, rolled with cheese in a flour tortilla, deep fried to golden brown. – $14.95
Burrito el Grande- Choice of whitefish, carne asada, machaca shredded beef, chicken or al pastor (spicy pork) with lettuce, tomatoes, and topped with a mild red sauce, melted cheese, and served with sour cream. – $14.95
Quesadilla- Chicken breast sautéed with onions, red and green bell peppers, with melted cheese and served with sour cream. – $14.95
3 Tacos- Choice of soft or hard shell corn tortillas stuffed with a choice of whitefish, carne asada, machaca shredded beef, chicken or al pastor (spicy pork), topped with onions and cilantro and served with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream on the side. – $14.95