A hometown Halloween celebration is in store for Fish Creek’s annual Jack O’ Lantern Days, October 24-27. The fun-filled weekend highlights mask making for kids, pumpkin carvings, a Halloween parade, trick-or-treating, and costume parties for both kids and adults. Scroll down to see the full list of Jack O’ Lantern Days Events.
Friday and Saturday, Hands on Art Studio will host their 3rd annual free pumpkin carving event, Great Pumpkin Lighting, for kids and adults. On Saturday night this pumpkin-carving extravaganza will culminate with the “lighting” ceremony of all the pumpkins!
On Saturday there will be many events going on. From 9am – 12pm, kids can gear up for the parade by making their own mask at Peninsula School or Art, free of charge. Families can also swing by the Gibraltar Fire Station from 10am – 2pm for their open house.
The Haunting Halloween Parade takes place at 1pm at its new location, the Fish Creek Old Town Hall. All participating floats, cars, walkers, adults, kids, and even pets are encouraged to arrive at the Old Town Hall (4176 Maple St.) 10-15 minutes prior to the 1pm start. The parade will finish in front of the Old Town Hall.
From 1:30-5pm little ghost and goblins can then play games to win prizes at the Kid’s Halloween Party at the Old Town Hall; or they can hit the streets for town-wide Trick-Or-Treating where Fish Creek businesses will be stocked with candy and sweet treats for the little ones!
As the moon rises over Fish Creek, mummies and witches will creep into Bayside Tavern for their infamous Costume Party and Contest – a Fish Creek Halloween tradition that continues to draw a festive crowd.
Door County Trolley will also offer their popular Ghost Tours both Friday and Saturday nights. Join us for a spooktacular good time!
For more information on the weekend’s events visit www.VisitFishCreek.com or stop in or call the Fish Creek Information Center. (920) 868-2316. 4097 Hwy. 42, Fish Creek.
For those in need of a little pampering with all the pumpkin festivities, call the Lavender Spa, voted #1 Boutique Spa in Wisconsin by Milwaukee Magazine, and book a relaxing massage! Lavender Spa is located at the Settlement Courtyard Inn in Fish Creek, where rooms are still available for this weekend! Book online, or call to find out about spa package options!
The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar serves up breakfast, lunch, dinner, and small plates in the wine bar daily. This Friday night, October 25th, catch the great live music from Highland Road, performing bluegrass, country, and folk music in the Wine Bar at 7:30pm.
REST YOUR HEAD
Check out our blog, Your Autumn Escape to Door County – Where to Stay, to learn about great special rates and lodging packages from Applecreek Resort, Homestead Suites, the Settlement Courtyard Inn, and more lodging establishments in Door County. Don’t forget to mention Door County Lodging when you book!
FEED YOUR HUNGER!
Check out our Fall Feast blog to find out where to get your favorite Fall Flavors at great Door County restaurants, like Arroyo Bay Grill, The Cookery, Cooper’s Corner, The English Inn, and Summertime Restaurant – all located in Fish Creek!
Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013
- Creative carvers can jump-start the weekend with pumpkin carving at Bayside Tavern (9pm), followed by Open Mic, hosted by local musician Seth Raddatz with friends & family.
Friday, Oct. 25, 2013
- Jack O’ Lantern Blaze Carving at Hands On Art Studio (10am – 6pm) Free pumpkin carving event complete with supplies and “guts-free” pumpkins. Last year, over 300 carved pumpkins were displayed for their lighting ceremony on Saturday night.
- Halloween Adult Art Night at Hands On Art Studio (6:30pm – 10pm)
- Door County Trolley Ghost Tours – (6pm)
Saturday, Oct. 26, 2013
- Mask Making for Kids at Peninsula School of Art – (9am – Noon)
- Gibraltar Fire Station Open House – (10am – 2pm)
- Halloween Parade starts and ends at The Old Town Hall – (1pm – 1:30pm)
- Kids Halloween Party at the Old Town Hall – (1:30pm – 5:00pm)
- Trick-Or-Treating throughout the Village – (1:30pm – 5pm)
- Dog Pal Costume Party at Gibraltar Gril – (3pm – 5pm)
- Door County Trolley Ghost Tours – (6pm)
- Pumpkin Lighting Ceremony @ Hands On Art Studio (Dusk)
- Adult Halloween Party at Bayside Tavern