All the Independence Day Events, Fireworks, and Celebrations this week can make a body hungry! Catch Live Music while you eat in Door County, WI… Many restaurants will have live music to serenade you as you dine, or, pick up a to-go meal and enjoy live music at the Concerts in the Parks throughout the peninsula.
Every day this weekend offers a Farmer’s Market so you can enjoy fresh and local produce, meats and cheeses, canned goodies, handmade arts and crafts, and even fresh flowers! Baileys Harbor will have a special market on Friday, July 4th at the Baileys Harbor Town Hall, and their regular Sunday Farmer’s Market also at the Town Hall on Sunday July 6th from 9 a.m. – noon. On Saturday, July 5th you can visit the Sturgeon Bay Farm & Craft Market from 9 a.m. – noon at Market Square on Michigan & 4th Ave., or head north to Sister Bay’s Corner of the Past Farmer’s Market from 8 a.m. – noon at the Country Walk Shops, at Hwy 57 & Country Ln.
To find great dining in Door County, DOWNLOAD the Door County Chefs FREE, GREEN, MOBILE Dining App. Search by category and proximity to your current location; look at DC Chefs members’ menus, use the click-to-call feature to make reservations or check serving hours, and get GPS directions right to each restaurant! Find what you’re hungry for on the Door Peninsula today!
Still looking for a place to stay this weekend? Check out Door County Lodging’s Last Minute Lodging Blog: July 3-6, 2014.
Looking for Fireworks? Check out Door County Guide’s Independence Day Celebrations, Fireworks, and Festivities Schedules!
Wednesday, July 2nd Live Music
- 3 p.m. & 7 p.m. July 2, 2014: Randy Peterson (3pm – children’s entertainer) & Keith Scott (7pm – Blues) at Sister Bay Concerts in the Park.
- 7 p.m. July 2, 2014: Semi Twang (story-songs infused with blues, pop and R&B) at Sturgeon Bay Concerts in the Park / Harmony by the Bay.
- 7:30 p.m. July 2, 2014: Big Mouth Trio at Gibraltar Grill in Fish Creek.
- 8 p.m. July 2, 2014: Katie Dahl at The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar in Fish Creek.
- 9 p.m. July 2, 2014: Live Music at Mink River Basin in Ellison Bay.
- 9:30 p.m. July 2, 2014: Open Mic at Arroyo Bay Grill in Fish Creek. Hosted by Terry Murphy.
Thursday, July 3rd Live Music
5 p.m. July 3, 2014: Lynn Gudmundsen and David Hatch at Sister Bay Bowl Alley Bar, Sister Bay.5 p.m. July 3, 2014: Modern Day Drifters (guitar, blues and rock) at Egg Harbor Concerts in the Park.
- 7:30 p.m. July 3, 2014: PJ & The Nicks at Gibraltar Grill, Fish Creek. 920.868.4745
- 8 p.m. July 3, 2014: Seth Raddatz at The Cookery Restaurant & Wine Bar in, Fish Creek. Raddatz weaves acoustic folk-rock and country styles with haunting and heartfelt lyrics, ushering in the new folk generation. 920.868.3634
Friday, July 4th Live Music
- 4 p.m. July 4, 2014: Cadillac Casanovas on the patio at Stone Harbor Resort, Sturgeon Bay, followed by the Sturgeon Bay fireworks!
- 5 p.m. / 6:30 p.m. July 4, 2014: Copper Box plays a special 4th of July show at Jeanne Kuhns’ Woodwalk Concert Series, located on County Road G just south of Egg Harbor. Concert attendees are welcome to bring a picnic and a bottle of wine to enjoy on the Gallery’s patio at 5 p.m. Cupcakes from Cupcake Heaven will be available for purchase at the concession stand, as will beer and soda and band merchandise. Featured on Wisconsin Public Televisions 30 Minute Music Hour last February, Wisconsin Blues Society describes Copper Box as a “…hot Zydeco Swamp/Blues Rock outfit with a great baritone and tenor sax gal and a hot accordion man.” The show starts at 6:30pm and lets out in time to catch the fireworks at dusk in Baileys Harbor or Sturgeon Bay. Seating is open, call for ticket reservations: 920.495.1928 or 920.868.2912.
- 6 p.m. July 4, 2014: Danielle French & Carley Baer at Top Deck Restaurant and Bar, Baileys Harbor.
- 7:30 p.m. July 4, 2014: Live music with Cookee – Timeless Music at Gibraltar Grill, Fish Creek! 920.868.4745
- 9 p.m. July 4, 2014: JĀMUS Unplugged at Cooper’s Corner in Fish Creek.
- AFter Fireworks July 4, 2014: Hunga Dunga Trio at Mink River Basin in Ellison Bay.
Saturday, July 5th Live Music
- 2 p.m. July 5, 2014: Marybeth Mattson of Small Forest at Cupcake Heaven, Sister Bay. Marybeth Mattson plays originals and some covers while you enjoy cupcakes and complimentary coffee! 920.365.6672
- 2 p.m. July 5th, 2014: Wifee & the Huzzband on the patio at Stone Harbor Resort, Sturgeon Bay.
- 6 p.m. Big Mouth & the Power Tool Horns at Fish Creek Summer Festival.
- 9 p.m. July 5, 2014: Unity at Fishstock at Camp David, Fish Creek. Season opener & only $10 donation concert. Barn Dance to your favorite Reggae grooves.
- 9 p.m. July 5, 2014: JĀMUS Unplugged at Cooper’s Corner in Fish Creek.
Sunday, July 6th Live Music
- 2 p.m. July 6, 2014: Cadillac Casanovas at Stone Harbor Resort, Sturgeon Bay. (Rockabilly and 1950’s music)
- 4 p.m. July 6, 2014: Lynn Gudmundsen and David Hatch at Sister Bay Bowl Alley Bar, Sister Bay.
- 5 p.m. July 6, 2014: Ruby James and Steven Cooperat Top Deck Restaurant and Bar, Baileys Harbor.
- 7 p.m. July 6, 2014: Jimmy LaFave Band at Peg Egan PAC, Egg Harbor. Americana – LaFave is nothing if not a red-dirt romantic. Viewing the world from an open road and an open heart, with one eye on the girl and the other on the mythological lure of the highway.
- 7 p.m. July 6, 2014: Karen Mal & Friends at Fishstock, Camp David, Fish Creek. This seasoned Fishstock performer will soothe your ears.
- 8 p.m. July 6, 2014: Jeanne Kuhns and Musical Guests at Mojo Rosa’s, Egg Harbor.
Jacksonport – Art on the Scenic Side, Sat. July 5 & Sun. July 6, 2014
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Relax and explore Art on the Scenic Side at Lakeside Park in Jacksonport. The fair includes handmade arts and crafts, refreshments, and family fun! Families can enjoy the playground and the beach and spend the day outside! (Lakeside Park is also home to the Tuesday Farmer’s Market in Jacksonport, 9 a.m. -1 p.m. every week!)
Egg Harbor – Renaissance Fantasy Faire, Sat. July 5 & Sun. July 6, 2014
10 a.m. – 6 p.m./Sat. 4 p.m./Sun.: Spend a fun-filled day at the Door County Renaissance Faire in Egg Harbor. Step back in time and experience the atmosphere of market day. Eat, drink, and be merry when you visit the food and arts & crafts stands. Watch puppet shows, belly dancers, theatre, a real life joust, magic shows, weapons demonstrations, and storytelling, and enjoy Irish (Gaelic) music. Watch demonstrations, meet the King and Queen and their court, and visit Clan Gunn, an interactive encampment with an ancient Celtic weapons show, “From Rome to William Wallace,” and be on the defensive with hands-on padded weapons training for the kids…
This Faire is exciting, educational, and full of fun, with lots of new acts and vendors! Come in period garb to fit right in! The 2014 Faire will be held on the grounds at 5226 Monument Point Road, Egg Harbor, WI on July 5-6, 2014 running from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Sunday. This is a rain or shine event, so dress for the weather, sorry – no pets permitted. Enjoy free parking for the event. Admission: $12/ages 16-59, $10/ages 5-15 & 60+, Free/4 & under. For more information visit online or call 920.746.6773. For a full, printable schedule of events at the Faire follow the link: 2014 Door County Renaissance Faire Schedule.