Enjoy these great recipes crafted from homegrown or foraged food…
Grow Your Own is a twice-a-month blogging event that celebrates the foods we grow or raise ourselves and the dishes we make using our homegrown products. Anyone with a blog can participate! Do you write a food blog? A gardening blog? A farm blog? A hunting or foraging blog? An eco blog? A frugal blog? Anything whatsoever related to home and garden or fun activities to do with children? You can write a post about some of the edibles you have raised, grown, or found and cooked with. Having a food blog is not a requirement for participation.
To include your post in the round-up, send an email to the host by the 15th or the 30th of each month with the following information:
- Subject line: Grow Your Own #
- Your name and location (country, state if applicable)
- Your blog URL
- Permalink to your post
- 300×300 pixel photo of your dish (As long as the photo is no larger than 300 pixels in either direction, it will work.)
Whose Currently Hosting?
May 30, #28 – The Daily Tiffin
June 15, #29 – Zora of Gardenopolis
The rules are simple:
- Make a dish that uses at least one item from your very own garden or farm and post about it. Your garden doesn’t have to be big. Container gardens are welcome! If you hunted or foraged, those items are also eligible. You can also use something that was given to you, but the giver must have personally grown or raised the item. If you paid for it, then it doesn’t count.
- Anything edible that you have grown or raised qualifies, including fruits, vegetables, herbs, sprouts, edible flowers, nuts, grains, legumes, dairy products, eggs, livestock, and anything else I might have forgotten. Produce from both indoor and outdoor gardens are welcome! Different regions will have different things available, so feel free to feature things unique to your area. (Rambutan trees, anyone?) We are all about celebrating variety!
- Please make sure your dish is posted during the month of the event because we like to celebrate seasonal items. One post per blog, please.
- As a courtesy, please include a link to this announcement in your blog post, and then update later with a link to the round-up.
- If you want to include one of the Grow Your Own badges in your post, feel free to grab one from below. (Please upload to your own server/image repository.) Logos professionally designed by Jeff Meyers.